Tuesday 15 October 2013

Applying for a job




Applying for a job

The moment you show interest for a certain job, a question appears how to ask for such a job exactly and what documents to prepare for future dealings with the future employer.

It will be in particular:
-        Job application (cover letter)
-        Resume
-        A certificate of educational attainment
-        A certificate of clean record (a listing from criminal records)

It is clear your interest in the job will have to be shown in a form of a written request. We'll show you a practical example how such an application might look like:

Sample Letter of Application:
Your Name
Your Address
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email
Contact Name

Title
Company Name
Address
City
, State, Zip Code

Dear Contact Person,
I wish to apply for the position of Social Worker as advertised on seek.com.au. Please find my resume attached.

For almost two years I have worked as Mental Health Case Manager for Truecare and their Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative. In this time I have proven my ability to work with an interdisciplinary team, and also developed interpersonal skills and strong professional relationships with clients, including individuals, families and community groups. In my work I have acquired a thorough understanding of the Mental Health Act of 2007 in relation to social work.

My duties have included providing psychosocial support to clients, in the form of one-on-one counselling as well as group therapy; developing and overseeing treatment plans for clients; advising family caregivers; and consulting with doctors, therapists and medical professionals. I was awarded with the New Employee Achievement Award for my work on a difficult case in 2007. My strong verbal and written communication skills have been well utilised in this role and I have also demonstrated solid organisational skills in my case management.

I have a strong desire to make a positive difference in people's lives and I believe I would be an asset to St Paul's Hospital if given the opportunity.

If you require any more information please contact me on the phone numbers above. I am available for interviews and hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Signature

First name, last name

No comments:

Post a Comment